Honest Review of Scarlett Face Mask "Herbalism Mugwort Mask" and "Seriously Soothing & Hydrating Gel Mask"




Are you planning to try the face mask products from Scarlett Whitening? Before hoping or checking out your basket, this is my honest review of Herbalism Mugwort Mask and Seriously Soothing & Hydrating Gel Mask.

This month, I tried two mask products from Scarlett Whitening. 

At first, I just wanted to try Seriously Soothing & Hydrating Gel Mask, which I thought was on the same line as the Scarlett Brightly series (my current facecare set). But, when I tried to find some information about the mask (Seriously Soothing & Hydrating Gel Mask) on Scarlett's official Instagram account, I found Herbalism Mugwort Mask which can be used as face exfoliation. So, I decided to try the Mugwort too. 

Since one of my friends on Facebook talking about exfoliation on her feed, I was wondering and eager to try such face care. I heard that exfoliation can help those with dry skin have fresh and glowing skin. 

However, I keep postponing trying the treatment since I haven't had a clear idea about the steps and product I should use. I only knew there were two types of exfoliation, chemical and physical exfoliations. 

Chemical exfoliation is a treatment done by an expert or doctor since this treatment aims to repair facial damage. Physical exfoliation is a treatment you can do by yourselves, and sometimes you call it scrubbing. 

About Scarlett's "Herbalism Mugwort Mask" and "Seriously Soothing & Hydrating Gel Mask"

Before getting down to the review, let's look closer to the product first. 


Herbalism Mugwort Mask 


If you're paying more attention to facial products nowadays, you will see that some facecares with Bamboo Charcoal are the highlight. 


Bamboo charcoal is known as a face exfoliator since it can help you remove dead skin cells that have yet to be washed away by foaming soap. Removing dead skin cells will help your skin look brighter and improve the effectiveness of topical skin care products by enhancing absorption.


Nowadays, many people seek products with bamboo charcoal because its properties that can absorb oil and dirt on our face make products with charcoal ingredients a favorite. 


And since Scarlett Herbalism Mugwort Mask uses bamboo charcoal as one of its ingredients, Scarlett said its mask product can; 


  • Help you hydrate and soothe skin 
  • Help collagen production 
  • Disguises pores and acne scars so the skin looks brighter 
  • Absorbs excess oil 
  • Functions as a natural exfoliator (Herbalism Mugwort Mask contains Bamboo Charcoal) 
  • Maintain skin moisture Antioxidant 



review scarlett herbalism mugwort mask

Seriously Soothing & Hydrating Gel Mask 

It's a long name, isn't it? The word "Soothing" makes me imagine how cool my skin will be when I apply the mask after a hot exercise or on a sunny day. 😊

The mask is packed and labeled like Brightly Ever Serum packaging and has Niacinamide, Vitamin C, Grape Fruit Water, Seven Berry Extract Ginseng Extract, Centella Asiatica, and Rose Flower Water as its main ingredients.

According to the official statement on Scarlett's Instagram, the main function of the Seriously Shooting & Hydrating Gel Mask is to hydrate and act as an antioxidant to protect the face from sun exposure, which can make our face look duller. 

Seriously Shooting & Hydrating Gel Mask and Herbalism Mugwort Mask review 


Before starting to use these two products, I tried them on my inner arm to find out if the ingredients matched my facial skin. Thank God, when I applied it to my arm, the two masks did not cause any effect. So, it's good to try. The first product I tried was the Herbalism Mugwort Mask (can't wait to try exfoliating). Alhamdulillah, my skin did not show any irritation reaction, so I decided to try both masks (of course, not at the same time).

How to use it? 

Wash your face first with Scarlett Brightening Facial Wash, then proceed to apply the Herbalism Mugwort mask.

Herbalism Mugwort Mask has a thick texture and looks like it has a lot of water content. Inside the package, Scarlett has included a spatula that functions to apply the mask. So we don't have to bother buying or even applying masks using our hands. The spatula is small and fits perfectly into the mask bottle packaging. After using it, simply wash and dry it, then put the spatula in the bottle to keep it clean. 

When I tried to apply the Mugwort mask, my face was fine, but while waiting for the mask to dry, my face started to feel itchy, followed by a burning sensation. Because I was worried, I didn't wait for the mask to dry completely, I immediately washed my face and put a compress with ice water. It seems the Herbalism Mugwort Mask is not suited for my face. Yes, it's sad, I have to hunt again for exfoliating products, though I've already fallen for it. 

In my opinion, finding the best exfoliating products that are also the same brand as your daily face care is nice. However, if the product doesn't suit your face, you have no choice except to look at another face care product. 

After two days of ensuring my skin was in good condition, I decided to try the Seriously Soothing & Hydrating Gel Mask product. This time, before applying it to my face, I tested it on the skin behind my ears first. Many beauty experts say that this area is more sensitive than the inner arm.

When I tested the mask behind my ear, I felt a slight burning sensation that lasted for a short time and appeared intermittently. To be cautious, I applied it to my neck first. Thankfully, there was no burning sensation on my neck. After using the mask, I felt refreshed.

The next day, I tried to apply it on my face. Alhamdulillah, there was no burning reaction or other irritation signs. After using Seriously Soothing & Hydrating Gel Mask I felt my skin much softer and tighter, 



review scarlett soothing hydrating mask


My final thought about Scarlett's "Herbalism Mugwort Mask" and "Seriously Soothing & Hydrating Gel Mask"


Since I only use the two masks twice, I see no immediate result as Scarlett promised. The only change I get is softer skin and reduced blackheads on my nose. 

Although Herbalism Mugwort Mask is not suitable for my skin, I must say that my skin looks cleaner and fresher after using it. 

By the way, when I had my inflammation after trying the Herbalism Mugwort Mask, I called Scarlett's customer care; and turns out that Herbalism Mugwort Mask is more suitable for normal to oily skin type. As for my condition, I have normal to dry skin, perhaps this is the reason why I got irritated when trying the mask. 

However, we all know that each beauty product will give a different reaction to the user, so, if you want to try this mask, don't hesitate, as long as your skin type is the same as recommended by the product.  

Moreover, the price of Scarlett products is affordable and easy to find at pharmacies or beauty shops around us. 


That's all my review, thank you for dropping by, see you at another product review!

Post a Comment

0 Comments